Purchasing a modified vehicle can be very expensive. There is no cure all to finding funding for these purchases. Below are a few options to research:
1. State Agencies - Every state has a Vocational Rehabilitation Program. These are state funded programs that assist disabled individuals to get back into or remain in the work place. In some cases they provide funding for vehicle modifications. Check with your local program for qualifications.
2. Veterans Administration - The Veterans Administration funds adaptive equipment for qualifying veterans. Inquire at http://www.va.gov/about_va/ or Bruce Grimes (202-273-7124)
3. Charitable Organizations/Churches - The options here are extensive. You will have to research what is available in your local market.
4. Mobility Rebate Programs - Most vehicle manufacturers (Ford, GM Toyota, etc.) provide rebates to purchasers of new vehicles that require modifications for disabilities. Before you purchase a new vehicle for modifications, inquire with the dealer about applicable rebates.
5. Special Finance Programs - A wide variety of programs are available for financing mobility vehicles including loans with extended terms, leasing packages and more. Please ask your dealer representative for more information about special financing programs offered.